View Full Version : Looking for the best pocket PC

abadon317
03-17-2005, 07:13 PM
I need to find a pocket PC that is Bluetooth enabled, has built in WiFi and can capture things I write on the screen as images. Does anybody have an idea of which model is the best for me?

surur
03-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Let me get in early by saying there is no one pocketpc that is the best for everyone. It all depends on your priorities. Whats your intended use?

Just to declare by biases: Ive got a FSC Loox 720, and feel its the best high-end pocketpc for me. Others have also come to the same conclusion.

http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/review/vga-comparing-en.shtml

Surur

abadon317
03-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Really, those are the only criteria for this PC. The other thing is that I have to make a decision in a matter of hours.

surur
03-17-2005, 07:47 PM
The Loox then. Its the best ever :)

Surur

Sven Johannsen
03-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Really, those are the only criteria for this PC. The other thing is that I have to make a decision in a matter of hours.

Surely there must be other needs. At this point you have a PPC that can capture your scratchings as an image, and all you could concievably do is transmit to someone else in one of two ways. You don't indicate that it needs to sync with anything, or have a ability to recieve anything. There is no need for looking at Office Documents, or keeping a calendar or contacts, or anything?

Even capturing as an image needs some more definition or elaboration. Do you mean as a gif, a bitmap, what? I would guess you want an image because you have something in mind to do with it that requires an image as opposed to recognized text, or other rendering option. What's the intended use?

Don't Panic!
03-17-2005, 10:47 PM
A whathever PDA with a Seiko SmartPad2.