View Full Version : Inbox ghost emails

bankerman
03-17-2005, 05:04 PM
I have 37 items in my inbox that I cannot delete. I have tried to delete the partnership, delete them on screen, and they still do not go away. I have a screen shot, but do not know how to include? Where are emails stored on the PPC? I can get a delete option, but nothing happens!

Help

Menneisyys
03-17-2005, 05:14 PM
I have 37 items in my inbox that I cannot delete. I have tried to delete the partnership, delete them on screen, and they still do not go away. I have a screen shot, but do not know how to include? Where are emails stored on the PPC? I can get a delete option, but nothing happens!

Help

First, welcome to the board :)

If nothing else works, use, for example, dbExplorer to delete the offending mails from the underlying WiNCE.NET databases. I've described how and where the internal databases store mail headers at, for example, http://www.firstloox.org//forums/showthread.php?t=2918 . It's actually very easy - just a few mouse clicks, in addition to installing dbExplorer.

Feel free to ask more if you still can't get rid of those mails.

bankerman
03-17-2005, 05:47 PM
Thanks, I tried the dbexplorer, but could not find the 1001904 folder. I did find a different folder with emails in it?

I tried a few times to find the inbox folder, but could not locate.

Menneisyys
03-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks, I tried the dbexplorer, but could not find the 1001904 folder. I did find a different folder with emails in it?

I tried a few times to find the inbox folder, but could not locate.

folder != database.

The Messaging/Inbox folder (directory) is located at \Windows\Messaging.

bankerman
03-17-2005, 06:09 PM
I finally found it! :D

It worked perfect.

Thanks alot.

Menneisyys
03-17-2005, 06:16 PM
I finally found it! :D

It worked perfect.

Thanks alot.

Kewl :)

BTW, dbExplorer (or, any WinCE.NET database explorer/modifier) is a very handy tool in a variety of problems that otherwise can't be fixed. If you run a quick search for 'dbExplorer' with my nick, you'll find quite a few tips and tricks using this DB explorer.