View Full Version : Network Settings

Heavy Eddie
03-11-2005, 05:42 AM
OK, am I missing something fundamental or is there just no easy or automatica way to do the following.

Proxy Settings...
I need a proxy server at work and don't at home. Currenty, I have to go change this from connections whenever I go back and forth. Is there an easy way to do this or a handy tool that will make it quicker and faster?

Drive Mappings...
I use resco file explorer and the login information changes for connecting to different machines. Each time I connect it has a different login name. I would like to save the login information along with the mapping.

TIA

Menneisyys
03-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Proxy Settings...
I need a proxy server at work and don't at home. Currenty, I have to go change this from connections whenever I go back and forth. Is there an easy way to do this or a handy tool that will make it quicker and faster?

There's an easier way of doing this: assign your home connection to 'The Internet' connection group, and your work connection to 'Work'. As the proxy defined for 'Work' is only used by connections inside the 'Work' connection group, your home connections won't use it.

I assume you're using Wi-Fi, so, this will be pretty easy: in Settings/Connections/Network Card/Wireless, just click the home connection, and on the first tab, just check wheher it's on 'The Internet', while, the your office connection is at the 'Work' setting.