View Full Version : Best Audio Player

Annejillian
03-10-2005, 05:59 PM
I am looking for opinions as to the best audio player out there. I have tried gsplayer, mort player, winpaq, pocketmusic, and pocket player...and while I have my opinions- I am curious about others opinions.

I will start by saying that I love gsplayer- except that it doesn't have equalizer support for ogg- my favorite format. Having listened to the difference in quality the equalizer makes- I'm not sure I can go back.

I would love to know everyone's opinions. Have I missed any players? What are your favorite features? Anyone? Thanks! ~Anne

GSmith
03-10-2005, 06:05 PM
There is a chart of media players at http://www.feederreader.com/mediachart.html

One of the best in my opinion is BetaPlayer. It plays video as well. Two features I like are the Equalizer and the speed menu.

Greg Smith
Author, FeederReader - The Pocket PC RSS, podcatcher, videocatcher
www.FeederReader.com - Download on the Road

Clinton Fitch
03-10-2005, 06:21 PM
I don't know if you have missed any other than BetaPlayer.

Personally I like PocketPlayer. It seems to be well behaved and does what I need it to do.

Pat Logsdon
03-10-2005, 08:18 PM
I like PocketMusic, but Juni made a really nice iTunes-like skin for PocketPlayer. Either one is good, but PocketMusic has more features.

Annejillian
03-10-2005, 09:42 PM
I like PocketMusic, but Juni made a really nice iTunes-like skin for PocketPlayer. Either one is good, but PocketMusic has more features.

Like what? Maybe I am missing them? :?

Pat Logsdon
03-10-2005, 10:07 PM
Like what? Maybe I am missing them? :?
I think the organizer is particularly powerful, and I like the today screen plugin better than PocketPlayer's pop-up window. There are also a few others that I can't recall at the moment.

This article is from a site sponsor, but it covers the features better than I can at the moment:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=34424

Annejillian
03-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks! Now a different thought....is there anything to the question of which player uses the most resources? If a player takes more 'juice' to run- won't it burn battery faster? Thanks for all the help!! ~A

GSmith
03-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Yes, there's a lot of data on BetaPlayer that suggests it is very efficient. Expect Menneisyys to chime in with links, data, information, and a tophat.

Well...maybe not a tophat.