View Full Version : Outlook 2002 won't sync to new account on PDA

pmgibson
03-10-2005, 08:02 AM
I had Outlook 2002 setup to sync with my PDA even though I didn't have a wireless connection on the PDA. This let me carry imporant messages with me.

I've recently obtained a BT phone and bought a Socket BT CF card.

So I went into messaging and created a new account that I can use to connect to my ISP and download email to the PDA.

So now when I tap Accounts in the menu bar at the bottom of the Messaging screen, I see two accounts: Outlook E-Mail and pmgibson.

Outlook E-Mail is the original one with all the synced mail in it. pmgibson is the new one that will connect via my BT phone.

My problem is that I'd like to have Outlook sync to pmgibson instead of Outlook E-Mail but I can't figure out how to make it do that.

Can anyone help?

yankeejeep
03-10-2005, 02:33 PM
This is not possible with ActiveSync. Only your main Outlook inbox (and subfolders, if you wish) will sync and it will only sync with the Outlook Email account on your device. If you wish to involve other inbox accounts, then you will need to look at AS replacements. Intellisync has developed a strong following and has significantly more flexibility than AS.

Sven Johannsen
03-10-2005, 03:47 PM
I'm assuming that your pmgibson account is the one that Outlook is attaching to from you desktop to your ISP. The mail it retrieves is the mail that winds up in the Outlook mail account on the PPC.

Note that if you create a pmgibson account on the PPC it cannot integrate with the Outlook account, as has been indicated. But. mail downloaded into the pmgibson directly with the PPC is not removed from the mail server by default. That means that message will still be available on the server when Outlook on the desktop retrieves mail. When you sync, that message will be in both places. Maybe annoying, but it does give you the opportunity to retreive mail while on the go, but not losing the ability to retreive and save that on the desktop.

If you want to delete a message off the server from the PPC it is a two step process. You must delete, the message which sends it to the deleted folder. Then you must empty the deleted items folder. Send/Recieve on that account will remove from the server messages that have been emptied from the deleted items folder.

P.S. Intellisync is not an AS replacement. It extends it's functionality, but it does require AS to be installed and working.