View Full Version : Alarms but not other sounds...

SarahMN
03-10-2005, 06:33 AM
I can't seem to figure out how to get PPC 2003 to allow alarm sounds without other beeps and things when tapping thru menus. Is there such a way? I want a sound for reminders and alarms but no other sounds. Is this possible?

GSmith
03-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Not sure if this allows what you are asking: have you tried different settings on Start | Settings | Personal Tab | Sounds & Notifications Icon ?

On mine, I can uncheck everything except Programs and Notifications. Is this what you're looking for ?

zilla31
03-10-2005, 01:26 PM
i'm looking for the exact same thing SarahMN. i've played w/ the settings in sounds and settings but doesn't seem to work for me... i'm wondering if it has something to do w/ wisbar advance or other programs overriding this silence? pocketbreeze maybe? haven't had time to explore further (yet).

cml
03-10-2005, 01:37 PM
I had this about a year ago, but don't have it now. I suspect that I lost it when I had to remove SPB Pocket Plus. Most people seem to like this app and use it without trouble, but it caused my 2215 to require a soft reset about twice a day. Finally found a lot of the functionality elsewhere, but never got the sound-on-alarm-when-muted feature back.

SarahMN
03-10-2005, 07:19 PM
i'm looking for the exact same thing SarahMN. i've played w/ the settings in sounds and settings but doesn't seem to work for me... i'm wondering if it has something to do w/ wisbar advance or other programs overriding this silence? pocketbreeze maybe? haven't had time to explore further (yet).

I use Wisbar and Pocketbreeze, but I don't have any sounds selected for these programs. I don't think these programs are the "noisy" ones. I think is might be the way the operating system options for sounds are handled.

Under sounds and notifications, Programs, then the sub menu notifications(alarms and reminders.) You have to check Programs to get the alarms and reminders option. This is super annoying to me. I wish to make the least noise possible except for when I have a reminder selected to alarm.

I was hoping Alarm Today would fix this but I think it uses the system settings so no luck.