View Full Version : MY HANDHELD WONT START PAST THE HP IPAQ SCREEN (EG: AFTER A RESET)

Heljara
03-09-2005, 09:07 AM
Post removed.

PDANEWBIE
03-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Sometimes mine takes about 3 to 4 soft resets before it comes back up and working. I usually wait till the bar is all the way up and then I just wait a fewqw second and hit the soft reset again.

Also another thought is remove any CF or SD cards? Maybe your having an issue with those and its locking when initializing them.

If that doesn't work the only other thing I can think of is doing a hard reset.

rediss01
03-10-2005, 11:13 PM
I tend to agree with the above post, remove any periphials or cards from the device and try a soft reset.
If that does not work then the only other thing I can think of is a hard reset and restore from backup if you have one.

Steven Cedrone
03-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Hmmm. The original post indicates that he can't get past it even with a hard reset. I think it's time to call HP!

Ultima
03-11-2005, 04:48 PM
I AGREE WITH THE POST SAYING THAT IT'S TIME TO CALL HP. IT SOUNDS LIKE THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY WRONG WITH YOUR IPAQ. TRY DOING A HARD RESET (HOLD DOWN THE OUTER TWO BUTTONS AND THE POWER BUTTON WHILE DOING THE RESET) IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY. IF THE DEVICE STILL WON'T COME UP AFTER A HARD RESET, IT IS MOST LIKELY DEFECTIVE.

Oh, by the way, please don't use all caps on your topic subject, it's kind of annoying (as I have just demonstrated.)

Jimmy Dodd
03-12-2005, 04:25 AM
Make sure you are holding down the buttons and the stylus long enough to do an actual hard reset (check the manual). My old 2215 and, more recently, my 2755 both required a little patience to do the hard reset. You have to wait until the screen fades away on some units. If you let go too soon you get a soft reset instead.

I have had a few devices freeze on a soft reset because of bad Today Screen plug-ins. If you get it to do a hard reset, consider living without any plug-ins for a while to see if your problem goes away.