View Full Version : How to sync with an exchange server?

Sh0t
03-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Currently the exchange server at work is not running Exchange ActiveSync. So everytime I try to sync with the server I get errors. I highly doubt that IT is going to attempt to install Exchange ActiveSync just for me so what im curious about is if anyone knows how I could sync my contacts and calander with my current setup?

redleg
03-08-2005, 12:26 AM
You should be able to sync with your desktop computer that is running ActiveSync. I just leave my desktop running and have the ActiveSync Options on my PPC set to sync remotely with my PC. However, this only works easily when you are within your work network. I think you need a VPN to do this when not connected to the work network (Haven't got that set up yet).
Hope that helps

Sh0t
03-08-2005, 12:48 AM
You should be able to sync with your desktop computer that is running ActiveSync. I just leave my desktop running and have the ActiveSync Options on my PPC set to sync remotely with my PC. However, this only works easily when you are within your work network. I think you need a VPN to do this when not connected to the work network (Haven't got that set up yet).
Hope that helps

The problem with that is it will not allow me to sync with my contacts or my calander only things like notes, tasks, favorites ect.