View Full Version : Pocket Outlook Question

Lex
03-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Anyone know what causes the time of a Pocket Outlook appointment to display in red text in the first (agenda?) view? Does not seem to be dependent on AM or PM, Category, Status, Sensitivity or anything else I can see. Some appointment times display in red and the next day's and later don't. I've been away from PO a long time and am going back to it from the high powered PIMs. Thanks.

baker
03-06-2005, 02:37 AM
I believe it does that if appointment times overlap. I've got two appointments next week from 6-8PM and one from 6:30-10PM. All three are red. Of course, I'll only make one.

Lex
03-06-2005, 03:22 AM
Actually that does not appear to be it. On Monday 3/7 I have appointments running from 7:30AM-8:00AM, 9:30AM-1:30PM, and 12:00-1:00PM. The first one is non-overlapping but its time is in red.

EDIT; -All- appointments I set for Mon. 3/7 show their times in red text. If I set an appointment on any other day, its time displays in black.

baker
03-06-2005, 03:33 AM
I think maybe that PO just isn't smart enough too leave your 7:30 appointment alone. Then again, it's probably more likely that I ain't smart enough to figure it out either. Even when I have an all-day tentative event with a single busy appointment on that day, the time for the appointment is red.

Lex
03-06-2005, 03:39 AM
You may be on to something but the software may be inherently buggy too. I put all day events on every Monday. On Mon. 3/14 I have an all day event and a noon appointment. The noon appointment has its time in black text. If I add an event (non-overlapping) the times for both appointments display in red. On Mon. 3/21 though I have two all day events. When I add an event to that date its time displays in black. No rhyme or reason I can see.

baker
03-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Well, I'm at a loss. Why did you leave PI or AF?

Lex
03-06-2005, 07:48 PM
AF went buggy on me with the versions they started releasing in Nov. & Dec. '04. I changed to PI but its Alarm Notes function recently went buggy on me. It takes 2 days to get a tech support answer and if the answer doesn't fix it, another 2 day turn around to hear from them again. One of their techs actually told me when I was new to PI that a question I'd asked was too insignificant to forward to the developer.

Finally, PI has so many customizeable settings my 'PIM life' was getting too complicated. To change a color here or an option there was often not straightforward. Sometimes the Forums for both apps were helpful but for now I'm going simple; Pocket Breeze & Contact Breeze, which bring appointments, tasks and contacts to the Today screen and Pocket Outlook as my PIM. Pocket Breeze even accomodates all of my customized category icons which I created myself for AF/PI.

baker
03-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Yea, PI can overwhelm me sometimes and I'm using PB as well. I used AF prior also. If I went back to PO, I would still want a week view similar to what you can get out of AF or PI or a month view with PI time bars that I could tap and see the day below the month calendar.

MitchellO
03-07-2005, 03:18 AM
Do you have an all day appointment? If so, that will overlap with the others. You can set the status of the appointment to free so that even if they overlap, they won't be red. I do that with things that I have in my calender for other peoples events.

Lex
03-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Mitchell0, that was it ! I had some all day events set years ago (birthdays) with 'busy' status which caused the overlap. I never spotted that difference. Thanks.