View Full Version : batteries for the h19xx, h4xxx, hx4xxx, rx3xxx and h2xxx compatible?

Orbsplateau
03-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Are the batteries from the h19xx, h4xxx, hx4xxx, rx3xxx and h2xxx compatible?

I’ve seen this question come up a few times, and I’m hoping to hear from an iPaq expert on this.

I understand that the batteries for the various models are sold as “different” batteries (this is true for the mugen batteries as well). However, this may only be because the battery cover is different for each model. It may also be a marketting ploy and an attempt to differentiate the batteries.

I have a hunch that at least some of these batteries are compatible... it wouldn’t make sense for a manufacturer to produce 4 PDA models (at the same time) with 8 different type of batteries (standard and extended). It’s not very cost efficient. My understanding is that they try to keep as many parts as common as possible.

I hope that someone can shed some light on this issue.

Sven Johannsen
03-06-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm not an iPAQ expert, but I can tell you the batteries for my 4155, and 2215, and rx3715 are all different. Different physical sizes, different pin configurations. Interestingly enough, my Dell X50v battery and the rx3715 seem identical, but they are not interchangeable.

I have a hunch that at least some of these batteries are compatible... it wouldn’t make sense for a manufacturer to produce 4 PDA models (at the same time) with 8 different type of batteries (standard and extended). It’s not very cost efficient.
Maybe, but how could they sell you new accessories each time you changed PDAs, like stylus, batteries, charger adapters, cradles, keyboards (praise be to BT).

Orbsplateau
03-06-2005, 07:56 AM
Maybe, but how could they sell you new accessories each time you changed PDAs, like stylus, batteries, charger adapters, cradles, keyboards (praise be to BT).

hmmm... you have a point.

by the way, I got the chance to use the rx3115 and the hx2410 along with the x50 i purchased.

I'm impressed by the rx3115's small size and light-weight. The display is more vivid than an x50 and the battery life is outstanding.

i got to see the hx2410 as well... and I'm totally impressed by it. It's comparable to an X50mid but it's lightler and has a nicer screen.

i got to see a 4150 as well but I liked the hx2410 better.