View Full Version : 2210 no longer connects to PC! - Any advice welcome!

Suhari
03-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Hi all... I like the forum: its proved useful over the last few months; only just joined though.

Here's my problem:

2210 - about 1 year old. Connect to home PC (as guest) to install software etc, connect to work PC to sync diary. Been happily doing this for a few months now.

Tried to sync at work on Friday pm... wouldn't do it: PC simply would not see the 2210.

Trying now at home.... same thing. I get a friendly 'bing' when I plug the 2210 into its cradle.... but no connection made, and no sync.

Been right through the trouble-shooter; the PC 'sees' the HP usb device (in device manager), I've reinstalled active syc 3.8, done soft resets etc. Still no joy - won't establish a connection.

Any advice? This is the first issue I've had with my 2210, and I'm getting angry now!

phs
03-09-2005, 11:55 PM
I have a similar problem. My work PC crashed and had reformat and to reinstall Windows 98. Reinstall Activesync 3.8. Now I can't activesync anymore.

But activesync still works with my home PC running WIndows XP.

Suhari
03-12-2005, 03:34 PM
This is now officially a REAL pain in the a**e.

Bought a new sync cable... still no joy on either work or home PC.

Going to try linking via IR to my girlfriends laptop. If that doesn't work I'll try a hard reset.... if no joy from that I'll assume the connection board is bust and send it off somewhere.

Can anyone suggest anythign else?

Steven Cedrone
03-12-2005, 09:04 PM
Do a backup and try a hard reset. Rule out a software problem!

Suhari
03-12-2005, 09:50 PM
Right.... it now syncs with the home PC, following a hard reset.

But, once I restore my backup files I get back to the same situation.

Can someone advise me which backup file will relate to the activesync config, so I know not to restore that one?

Thanks in advance

Steven Cedrone
03-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Well, you know you have a software problem now. What software did you add to your device at about the time it stopped working?

Suhari
03-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Little git!

:evil:

Right - I had it fixed.... restoring only certain programmes from the backup seemed to do the trick.

Worked fine for a week or so.

Now it connects to the PC, but won't sync..... its gets 'stuck' half way through 'looking for changes'.

Anyone got any suggestions?

stevelam
03-29-2005, 03:30 PM
...Yep i had this problem my self. What has happened is that there is an internal database for PPC's running WM2003 (not SE) that over fills and then becomes very unstable. It is called DB_notify_events. View some answers at this forum page
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15594&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
:D