View Full Version : How can I convert .mov files to .wma?

looneytoone
03-05-2005, 03:58 AM
Kodak camera takes small videos in .mov that can only be viewed with Quicktime. Want to view on Windows Media Player and eventually on pocketpc. Any cheap, worthwile solutions???????

GSmith
03-05-2005, 05:54 AM
Have you tried playing it unconverted on a Pocket PC using BetaPlayer 0.5?

hamishmacdonald
03-05-2005, 02:41 PM
I read a great tip somewhere recently: If you export from QuickTime as an MPEG4, BetaPlayer can play it! They look perfect, too, and they're not enormous (exporting to AVI makes really big and ugly files).

Darius Wey
03-05-2005, 02:45 PM
They look perfect, too, and they're not enormous (exporting to AVI makes really big and ugly files).

I think the AVI you're referring to is the uncompressed one. If video files are exported to AVI using the DivX codec, they can be kept quite compact, yet still retain a high quality picture. Nevertheless, MPEG4 still works great as you said. It's well worth a look. :)

PPCRules
06-28-2006, 11:45 PM
All the posts I found while searching this subject were rather confusing, and were either very old or by people that were just guessing about what 'should' works.

To add an update to this thread, I find that TCPMP 0.71 plays the native .mov files from my Kodak digicam very well.

kosmos
07-07-2006, 11:09 PM
I've had problems trying to get .mov files playing on a ppc - I gave up eventually. There is many different versions of the codec, I think its part of Apple Inc cunning plan to keep it closed.

What I do is covert to 3gp format (on a PC), this works well with the TCPMP player. Quicktime will do this via Export (once you enter a registration number). TCPMP seems to play .mov files, but no sound. 3gp files are small as well, I found export to other formats too bulky. And I highly recommend TCPMP over Media Player.