View Full Version : Software Idea / Proposal

Lex
03-05-2005, 02:58 AM
Needed: PPC app that takes a screenshot and allows drawing on and alarm setting to the screenshot. At alarm time screenshot displays with drawing 'edits'.

Example Use: (1) Open contact, invoke screenshot, set alarm. At alarm time call the contact displayed with phone number circled, read free-hand note about the discussion topics.

(2) Any other screenshot one might wish to 'doodle' on; spreadsheet, PWord doc, file list from File Explorer, etc.

I could do this with a Palm 5 years ago but nothing like this has come to the PPC environment.

paulzazzarino
04-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Only part which is not clear is if you want the CE device to automatically
call the person or is that a task they take on after being alerted!

If you want an auto call then you limit your app to Mobile 2003 Phone Edition Devices (like Ipaq 6315)

Lex
04-15-2005, 08:30 PM
My cell and PPC are separate units so for me no need for auto-dial.

paulzazzarino
04-15-2005, 08:41 PM
looks do-able to me,

some of the new HP models come complete with camera, you can then generate a bitmap or jpeg file from your sanpshot and then edit away
(bitblts). The Ink API will let you draw. You then just want to associate some action to the combined image you save. There are notification APIs to let alarm you when "the time is now"!

the are other cameras which are sdio or cf-2)

surur
04-15-2005, 10:05 PM
I would not mind a simple app which let me annotate by writing (e.g. making arrows) on a picture.

Surur