View Full Version : HTC Magician

frax
03-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Hi, I have a Qtek s100 (aka HTC Magician, O2 xda mini, i-mate jam, etc) since about a month back, and I have been very happy with it so far.

But now there are some problems, and we will see what I will do. I will do a hard reset, and see how far that will take me, but I need to do a full backup first.

I would also be curious if there is a dedicated forum just for this device somewhere as well.

My issues:
* The biggest issue is that the speaker in the device stopped working totally. Sounds comes out just perfect, through the headset, but nothing from the speaker. A phone that doesn't ring is not too good, huh?
* Sometimes the machine spontaneously turns off the backlight when on battery alltogether, then one has to fiddle with the device to get to settings to turn it on again. Why is this?
* I saw, on www.qtek.nu that there is an update, but only from a new rom, I have 1.03.00 -- where I can find the upgrade from 1.03.00 to 1.03.148
* Does anyone know where one can buy alternative stereo headsets (same plug as on ipaq?) and batteries?