View Full Version : Can I set my PPC to wake me (alarm) to a MP3/WAV song?

shawnc
03-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Was thinking about purchasing Pocket Breeze and in doing the research came across a couple of software packages that claim to allow you to set an alarm to a music file on your PPC. Can I do this simply without a 3rd-party app? If not, can anyone recommend software that makes this easy for a non-techie.

I was thinking of SPB's alarm product (can't recall the name) just because the price was right ($9.95) and I really like their Pocket Plus today plug-in.

As always, any help is appreciated.

Orbsplateau
03-03-2005, 12:32 AM
I use SPB Time to set all my alarms. it's easy to use and very handy.

ctmagnus
03-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Actually, these units support wav files natively ;) They just need to be in the \Windows directory.

oguime
03-03-2005, 01:46 AM
alarmToday is not free but makes setting an MP3 or WMA file as an alarm very easy.

Take a look at Pocketmax.net.

Regards,

Gilson

Ripper014
03-03-2005, 01:58 AM
Try Wolf Clock I am pretty sure it will do what you want and it is free.

http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=1045

shawnc
03-03-2005, 02:14 AM
Thanx guys. I think alarmToday is what I'm looking for.

shawnc
04-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Just wanted to update the community with my experience regarding alarmToday. I paid for this product over 3 weeks ago and have written at least 7, count them 7, emails requesting my registration code. I have gotten one response (after email #3) from a Bruce Jackson claiming to never have received any of my requests and that if I send him my owner name he would send me the registration information immediately. Well guess what, I've sent Mr Jackson my owner name in 3 seperate emails and still have not received the information needed to register my software :evil: !

Fortunately it was only $9.95 and I've resigned myself to the fact that they simply are going to steal my 10 bucks. Imagine that, 10 lousy bucks! Oh well, inexpensive lesson learned. I'll never buy from PocketMax again!

Buy from this vendor at your own peril :evil: :evil: :evil: !

BUMP THAT
04-02-2005, 03:56 PM
You can also try an app called Chronos.

ctmagnus
04-02-2005, 07:18 PM
I use alarmToday as well, but I had no problems getting a registration code when I bought it. It's too bad you're having these issues as I quite enjoy it, except for the fact that I've been using it for over a month and it's used only six songs out of my library of 250.

JwY
04-03-2005, 02:00 AM
not free but ptravel alarm works as well

AprilRyan
04-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Mortplayer (a music player which is freeware) has an alarm function which allows you to do just that.

Don't Panic!
04-04-2005, 05:03 PM
One of the members (http://www.aximsite.com/boards/showthread.php?t=78478) at Aximsite merged the functions of two freeware apps to make a MP3 alarm clock that shuts off at night and comes back on at wakeup time right where you left off the night before. BIS is axim talk for Built in Storage or what I like to call that Read Only Memory that you can write to.

Atrius Rex
04-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Try Wolf Clock I am pretty sure it will do what you want and it is free.

http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=1045

Wolf Clock was one of my first freeware downloads and it very easily allows you to select mp3 files as your alarm sound - as a matter of fact, it gives you the option to browse for the file you want it to play, so you don't have to move it into any specific directory.

By the way...it's free :D