View Full Version : Samsung i730 Questions.

Palmvert
03-02-2005, 11:15 PM
I posted this originally in the 'NEWS' forum and was getting no love so I thought I would try here. Couple of general questions about pocket PC's that I have while considering the coming i730 with Verizon service.

Here is the post:

I have never used a pocket PC and have gone through about 4 Kyocera 7135's w/Palm 4.1 OS (there is a software error that occasionally occurs that Verizon can't fix and they send out a new phone at no charge).

The Samsung i730 is really catching my eye.

My questions...it comes with only 64 mb of ram, is that going to be a huge limitation on this device? I know the Audiovox offered by Verizon has 128. Is the amount of Ram typically upgradeable in a pocket PC device?

Also, there is a lot of discussion about whether wifi is going to be available out of the box. If it is not, it does have an SDIO slot, would Sandisk's SDIO wifi card work with the phone? Should it work in any SDIO Slot on a mobile device?

I am looking for a smaller smartphone w/a camera and increased connectivity options and this device looks gorgeous. Thanks for your replies.

Palmvert
03-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Bump.

26 views and not a reply??

To restate my questions:

1. Is it usually possible to upgrade the ram in a pocket pc?

2. If there is an SDIO slot on a pocket pc should Sandisk's WIFI SDIO card work whether it is smartphone or not?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Palmvert
03-03-2005, 04:06 PM
Please do not feel the need to answer the questions above. They were answered in the NEWS forum thread entitled "Samsung i730 to be released in March."