View Full Version : e335 Screen/Display Problem

valiant1974
03-02-2005, 02:35 AM
Today when I turned on my e335, the top one half of the screen was white with white lines in varying thickness.

I soft reset and hard reset the unit about ten times until calling Toshiba's technical support. They said they don't support the pocket pcs anymore and that I could have a refurbished unit for $139. They also confirmed that I did try the reset fix and remove any add-on cards as aparently this is a known issue.

I guess the unit is approximately three years old now.

Does anyone know more about this issue? Is there a fix?

I reluctantly purchased a Dell Axim X3 today for $150. I will miss the Toshiba however.

Dave Conger
03-02-2005, 02:37 AM
If you wanted to try and fix it yourself, you might want to try www.pdaparts.com. I know they just released a package deal for the X3 (which doesn't help you) and they have screens and such for almost any device.

valiant1974
03-02-2005, 02:46 AM
I would be interested in fixing it IF the parts weren't too expensive. I guess at this point I need some help troubleshooting the source of the problem.

I figured for what I spent on the Axim, I would be further ahead to buy new. It would be nice to have the Toshiba working again.

The strangest thing is that I had never had any real problems with the Toshiba. It just all of a sudden did this this morning when I turned it on. I do believe I left it in my truck last night though.

RaggioX
03-04-2005, 12:51 AM
I have recently had a similar problem with my e335 - straight lines appeared across the screen and everything froze up on start-up. Sometimes the 10th soft reset would cure it, but other times the device would hard-reset itself. I took the aluminum back off (just remove the four little screws) and the problem went away. Put it back on again, and the problem returned. I think the aluminum back is touching the circuit board and causing a short. I haven't yet gotten around to trying my idea for a fix (lining the back with electrical tape) but I'll let you know if it works.