View Full Version : T-Mobile USA

nadeaup
02-28-2005, 03:20 PM
What new PocketPC phones do they plan to add and when? I have been waiting for the PDA2K to be available here in the states...

-theclam
http://razorthought.com

ADBrown
02-28-2005, 05:38 PM
What new PocketPC phones do they plan to add and when? I have been waiting for the PDA2K to be available here in the states...

Well, the PDA2K is already available here as the Cingular Siemens SX66. As for T-Mobile, I'm not aware of anything new in the pipeline for them.

nadeaup
08-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Any updates? When the heck is T-Mobile USA going to offer something new??? I'm dieing over here on my Original IMATE!!!

Is there another provider like Cingular or someone else that offers and unlimited Internet plan? I use about 40megs of internet a month which is why I have not moved to a new provider...

HELP!!!

Kadegboye
08-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Hi,
T-Mobile does not offer I-Mate PDA 2K directly. However, you can get it from Mobile Planet and yet get about $100 rebate by taking a plan with T-Mobile while purchasing it. Best of luck.
Kay.

kazmi
08-18-2005, 05:38 PM
I got a PDA2K recently and am using it with Tmobile....I have got the settings of the GPRS down and am connected, but I don't know how to get to the tzones homepage from my PPC.....any thoughts?

At first glance, this is an awesome device which is powerful....however, Tmobile's reception seems to have worsened with the use of this PDA.I am getting far fewer bars in places where my N6600 used to have full bars/signal strength....I wonder why that is....

any idea on how to set it up to work more efficiently with TMobile USA?

Thanks!

DJW
08-19-2005, 07:46 AM
Hi,
T-Mobile does not offer I-Mate PDA 2K directly. However, you can get it from Mobile Planet and yet get about $100 rebate by taking a plan with T-Mobile while purchasing it. Best of luck.
Kay.

Just cruising by and thought I would post, in case anyone was unfamiliar with "MadMonkeyBoy"

$779 for PDA2k, and $120 back after third bill for voice and data activation.
And the QTEK 9090 is $729, and same rebate deal.

Sorry for self promotion.

www.dweiniger.com/catalog

alexm
08-19-2005, 04:40 PM
[quote]Just cruising by and thought I would post, in case anyone was unfamiliar with "MadMonkeyBoy"

www.dweiniger.com/catalog
I was browsing the site and noticed that hp6515 is also available. Are they actually in stock? Unlocked?
Thanks.

DJW
08-19-2005, 04:47 PM
yes, they are "unlocked", I only have one or two in stock at the moment.
Neat device if you want the GPS internal, because it is always on, using battery otherwise.

dw

alexm
08-19-2005, 04:50 PM
yes, they are "unlocked", I only have one or two in stock at the moment.
Neat device if you want the GPS internal, because it is always on, using battery otherwise.

dw

So there is no way to turn off GPS while the rest of the device is on (like PPC and the phone) and this way save battery charge?

DJW
08-19-2005, 04:56 PM
my understanding is, that the GPS receiver is always on.

http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/review/hp-ipaq-hw6515-en.shtml

does support stereo headset

nadeaup
09-09-2005, 07:27 PM
Any updates on when the HTC Wizard will be available for T-Mobile USA ... Rumors on this site say October.... But I want it!! I'm sitting here with an original T-Mobile PocketPC Phone edition!!! I need the wizard!!!!!!

Help me T-mobile-one-conobie --- You my only hope ;)

mashtim
09-16-2005, 07:13 AM
I'm no insider or anything, but I HAVE been keeping an eye on T-Mobile USA's website and they've been slowly removing most of the handhelds that have been on their site.

Granted, this is only specualtion, but it would seem to signal an imminent move on their part.

It might only be web page design at this point, but it could just mean a few more weeks......

nadeaup
10-04-2005, 04:52 AM
I'm dieing here.. Any updates as to when the HTC Wizard will be available for T-Mobile USA?

GadgetGirl
10-07-2005, 06:34 PM
According to engadget, the HTC Wizard is coming to T-Mobile USA in 2006: http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000830062298/

I can't wait to get off agonizingly slow GPRS. I'd probably get an HTC Universal with it's beautiful screen if the US had 2100 UTMS. Maybe an EVDO pc card for my laptop is in order... For now, I still have my HP 568 since I haven't found a compelling reason to upgrade. :lol: How sad is that?

nadeaup
10-07-2005, 07:25 PM
8O I don't know if I can wait that long... My original T-Mobile PocketPC is pretty beat up! It resets sometimes when it get's flexed!

I may have to go the expansys or mad monkey boy route and buy the i-mate k-jam or qtek9100...

They will both work fine in the US on T-Mobile and I can keep my current plan --- which is the only reason I have stayed with t-mobile. I use a LOT bandwidth for a phone 60-80megs a month and the T-Mobile data plan can't be beat!!!

The T-mobile support of the original PocketPC was a nightmare...They came through in the end but I had to exchange phones 3 times! This is my 4th, orginal style T-Mobile PocketPC Wallabe phone.. Plus it took them a LONG time to come out with ROM updates...and there still is the SD card eraser bug...

I'm leaning toward the i-mate K-Jam due to their GREAT support and updates.

Where can I get the best price on the iMate K-Jam???

possmann
10-19-2005, 05:26 PM
What I would love to see is the Palm Treo on t-mo... too bad it's exclusive to Verizon right now (well will be soon when it is released early next year).

JonnoB
10-24-2005, 02:30 AM
I am writing this message from my new MMB provided Qtek 9100 (same as kjam / HTC Wizard) on tmobile. It is great!

nadeaup
10-24-2005, 05:11 PM
I did the same! I ordered the K-Jam from MadMonkeyBoy and am awaiting it's arrival! Glad to hear you had no problems with T-Mobile and the Qtek/K-Jam!!!

I opted fo the K-Jam over the Qtek because inthe past I-Mate has had great support for quick ROM updtaes and a good support community. Not sure if in the end it will be worth the extra $25 or so but I figured it would not hurt....

JonnoB
10-24-2005, 06:28 PM
I went for the qtek because of the 2 year warranty, styling, faster speed (no av, etc), pricing and earlier delivery.