View Full Version : Pocket pc emulator IP address

sara_johnson
02-28-2005, 09:02 AM
hello everyone!!

i'm having problem with the IP address of pocket PC emulator. I have an application of pocket PC instant messanger. i'm using pocket PC emulator 2003 for testing purposes if the application is working fine or not. for that matter i'm running my code on two different machines which r on a wired LAN.
emulator has its own server assigned IP address (192.168.131.70) which is different from the desktop PC's IP address (150.150.3.185)
now if i give the emulator's IP address to send my data packets to destination, the packets r not sent as application does not find the emulator's IP address on the network.
can anyone tell me whot shud i do to connect the emulator running on one machine to another emulator running on a different machine???

GSmith
02-28-2005, 02:39 PM
I don't know if I can help.

I've used emulater to connect to *external* address using HttpWebRequest. But I've never experimented with other protocols or with connecting two emulators.

So one issue might be **IF** the emulator cannot receive traffic on anything other than port 80. Again, I don't know if this is an issue or not.

Another issue is to make sure that both emulators are accessible as their reported address. I'm not sure how their ethernet connection address is determined, and whether they use the "host" computer as a proxy.

I *do* know that it's been reported that ActiveSync acts as a proxy and that ActiveSync does not pass UDP packets. But I don't know the semantics of an emulator connection.

I apologize if this is not helpful, but I know real help in this area is difficult to get.

Also, see a related issue: "Multi PPC2003 emulator?" http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36951

And *please* post your results of getting this to work. This is an area where few people dare to venture.