View Full Version : Recommendations for BlueTooth headphones?

Mobile Mike
02-28-2005, 07:20 AM
I would like to get BlueTooth headphones for listening to music and watching movies. I want to be able to use it with my desktop computer mainly, but also with a PocketPC if possible. My current I700 does not have BlueTooth.

Can anyone make any recommendations?

Sven Johannsen
02-28-2005, 04:02 PM
At this point there are only three choices I am aware of.

1) HP's which only have drivers for HP PPCs. (not even HP laptops/desktops), and even have limited functionality with MP10 equipped HP PPCs.

2) Toshiba's which I haven't seen actually available, but are the same as the HP's, only reported to support Toshiba PPCs and laptops.

The previous 2 are made by Logitech, but they haven't released then on their own...yet...I hope. Presumably if they do the supoort would be broader.

3) the Bluetake i-phone things that are overpriced IMHO) if you only need the headphone feature, and which, again IMHO, aren't suitable for wearing in public. They do have the advantage of supporting everything by including a BT box that plugs into the headphone port of anything that has a headphone jack.

Theoretically any of these models should work with a device that supports A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). Problem is that is not very widespread.