View Full Version : 4700 Internal Speakers stopped working!

Ahanchi
02-27-2005, 11:43 AM
A few days ago the internal speakers on my iPaq 4700 stopped working. No sound is heard out of them not even the beeps nor the notifications.

The headphones are working OK but when I disconnect them the speakers are dead. I have tried soft/hard resets (many times) and also plugging-in and unplugging the headsets many times but it didn't help.

I recall this problem was mentioned long time ago when the unit was just introduced, but I cannot find the threads. Anybody out there has any helpfull hints for me?

Thanks.

Steven Cedrone
02-27-2005, 01:00 PM
Well, if hard resets and the "stuck" switch trick do not work, it almost sounds like you have no choice but to make a call to HP. I'll look around in the forums and see if I can dig up the threads you were looking for...

Steve

stygy
05-07-2005, 11:52 AM
i had this issue the problem for me came from the audio jack theres a small switch on the end that is pushed up when head phones are inserted
a small piece of lint got jammed in there when i plunged in the tape adapter in my car you have a few options
1.try to remove it with a needle or toothpick(tried that got it out but it pushed the switch up too far)
2.send it to hp (hope your warranty is good) or
3. (i am not responsible for you inability to take something apart and put it back together)go to home depot and buy a micro torx multi driver t3-t8 open it and hold up on the middle of the pin remove debris and while holding the middle up push down on the end to increase tension on the clip the pin is on the very end of the headphone jack its small and gold
to open the hx4700 there are 4 screws (corners)on the outside 2 on the inside (bottom left of mb and on the wifi card top right the clip for the screen is on the right near the bottom and when pulling the board out you have to angle it slightly to allow the top of the head phone jack to clear when putting it back together be carefully and patient as the voice record button and headphone jack both have to be slightly angled into place there is also no warranty void sticker but im sure it goes without saying it will void your warranty (should you chose to tell them you opened it)

Menneisyys
05-08-2005, 04:12 AM
Also see http://www.ipaqhq.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16127