View Full Version : CLIT - how to use properly?

terrypin
02-26-2005, 12:02 PM
I downloaded clit18 and ran LitConverter.exe. I think I followed the instructions correctly, i.e:

1) Please select the .lit file:
(I chose a book I'd bought a year ago, 'Rabbit Run', which I've still not finished, and which I'd like to try reading in a few alternative formats.)

2) Select the parent directory for the expanded LIT file:

3) Enter the name for the new folder that will contain the expanded LIT file: (I accepted the default, 'RabbitRun')

But that failed, giving message: "The path 'D:\Docs\My PC Library\CLIT18 Conversions\RabbitRun'
does not exist or is not a directory.

Yet when I repeated the process with several free LIT files, it worked OK, without that error.

Trying another bought book gave the error again.

What am I missing here please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

phritosan
02-26-2005, 06:40 PM
:rotfl:

yeah thats totally not what i thought when i read the thread title

OSUKid7
02-27-2005, 01:13 AM
:rotfl:

yeah thats totally not what i thought when i read the thread title
:lol: Yes, when I saw this topic I just had to click on it to see if someone was thinking the same thing. ;) 8O

SteveHoward999
02-27-2005, 03:02 AM
Download ConvertLit GUI from here

***link removed by moderator JR***

All your woes will be trouble-free ... or something ;-)

terrypin
02-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks Steve. Duly downloaded and installed. Much prefer a GUI to Command mode.

Using that, I converted a couple of free LIT files OK, but the bought ones again failed. Apparently due to fact I haven't run ReaderKeyRecoveryTool.exe to enable ConvertLIT for 'DRM5', whatever that is. After various bad experiences with MS Reader in the past (requiring re-activation when it was already activated, etc), I'm a bit nervous about messing with that, in case I lose access to my bought books. Have you used it? Is it robust?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Using iPAQ 2210 with WM2003.

SteveHoward999
02-27-2005, 04:08 PM
The reder recovery tool is part of the CLIT.EXE download. It extrcts a code from your reader activation so you can then convert files. It's a one-off thing.