View Full Version : Do we need a screen protector?

beih
02-26-2005, 04:48 AM
Is screen protector really that important?

Anybody know which brand is best?

thanks for the help

PetiteFlower
02-26-2005, 05:09 AM
If you are a heavy user, have a heavy hand, play games that require tapping in the same spot on the screen a lot, or plan on carrying your PPC around without a case, and you don't want to scratch your screen up, then YES.

Personally I love Writeshields. They now come in anti-glare and ultra-clear depending on your preference; I happen to like the anti-glare. They are expensive but they last a long time. Other people like Boxwave, I'm sure they're just as good :) AVOID the Fellowes ones that they sell in every store, I've heard nothing but bad things about them. Normally I love Fellowes but not for screen protectors!

phritosan
02-26-2005, 08:13 AM
i love my writeshield

been about 6 month i think, almost time for the next one

you may not think you type alot in the same place, but if you use a keyboard, or the close, start, or new buttons, it shows

MegaManXcalibur
02-27-2005, 09:09 AM
As far as I'm concerned screen protectors are a much needed thing. I didn't have one for my first PDA and my screen was scratched up in no time (well actually in a month or two).

I use Fellowes WriteRights myself and so far can't say anything bad about them. I can usually get six months out of them (and I'm a pretty heavy user) before they become next to unusable.

Kowalski
02-27-2005, 10:34 AM
i never use screen protectors, because i always carry my device in its case because i am not brave enough to carry the device naked :?

Mona13
02-27-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't use my PPC without one. When I ordered my x50v, I also ordered a screen protector from WriteShield. It's awesome. No screen distortion that I can tell.

I always use a case also, I have two, a Vaja and Sena, depending on what I'm doing or where I'm going. But, they don't protect the screen when you're using it. I've read about people picking up a permanent marker instead of a stylus, a stylus tip gets messed up and starts scratching the screen, etc.

I try to be extremely careful, but it's not worth the chance to me!

Mona

apanther28
02-27-2005, 05:46 PM
I always use screen protectors! I also use them on everything. My cell phone, and iPod. I must not be as picky as others though, because I use the Fellowes sometimes. As long as they dont distort or leave a residue behind, i am ok with them.

They will keep your device looking new.

uzetaab
02-28-2005, 05:12 AM
aside from the extra cost, I can't think of a good reason NOT to use one. I use Belkin myself, because that's what my local store sells, but when they run out, I'm gunna try the antiglare ones.
I don't know if it's the same with other brands, but when I first put a new one on, they have this frosted look to them & it's kinda hard to see through them. After a while though, that goes away. I figure it has something to do with the heat that the device produces that clears it up.

Just thought I would warn you so you don't stick one on, then rip it off again cause you cant see properley.

rediss01
02-28-2005, 06:40 AM
I didn't have one for about the first 6 months and got a few scratches on it in that time even though I was always carrying it in the case. Since then I have been using one and have not had any scratches since.

Definitely recommend getting one.