View Full Version : Synchronization Questions...

code-frog
02-25-2005, 05:45 PM
I have a Dell Axim X30 w/ cradle. I use Outlook a lot to manage my schedule and tasks but I also use it for taking office applications on the road with me. I have a few problems that deal with synchronization and I'd like some input. If a 3rd party application is required, price is not an issue just lay it on me and I'll go get it.

ISSUES:
* When I create an appointment on my desktop it copies over to the handheld fine. When I'm away from my desk and get the reminder on my handheld I snooze it for 4 hours. I get back to my desk two hours later (so I still have 2 hours before the snooze fires) and dock the PDA but the snooze does not update onto my desktop. So 2 hours later when the reminder fires it only fires on my handheld. Is active synch messed up or is this just the way it is? Can a 3rd party application fix this?

* When I edit documents in my PDA they don't update the same document on my desktop they make a new document. These are Microsoft Project -> Pocket Plan conversions. I've checked the settings and they are right according to Pocket Plan help.

* Are the issues above related or are they seperate and what steps can I take to resolve them. I've tried uninstalling running RegVac and reinstalling but still no JOY.

Ideas, tips, comments and insults are all welcome at this point.

Thanks in Advance,

- Rex