View Full Version : Phone management software

nunoeca
02-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Hi all,

I'm having a problem trying to pass all the information I have on my Nokia 6600 (meaning my contacts) to my HP 5550.

I try to connect both devices, because I want to have a backup of all my contacts, but it seems that without a specific software, it can't be done.

Do you guys know about any software that can do this?

I don't want to have to pass all my contacts one by one to my pda!! :(

Thanks,

Nuno

Menneisyys
02-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Hi all,

I'm having a problem trying to pass all the information I have on my Nokia 6600 (meaning my contacts) to my HP 5550.

I try to connect both devices, because I want to have a backup of all my contacts, but it seems that without a specific software, it can't be done.

Do you guys know about any software that can do this?

I don't want to have to pass all my contacts one by one to my pda!! :(

Thanks,

Nuno

There're quite a few mobile phone synchronizer software right for the PPC (if you don't want to sync your PIM stuff via a desktop computer - it can certainly be easier because, then, you don't need to install any third-party app on your PPC). I recommend the thread at http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36193 - it discusses almost all these apps.

phs
03-04-2005, 11:02 AM
SmartGSM creates its own contacts database. Pocket Outlook and Phone contacts can be synched to the SmartGSM database, but can't figure out how to export the SmartGSM database back to Pocket Outlook. Makes sense?

Menneisyys
03-04-2005, 03:07 PM
SmartGSM creates its own contacts database. Pocket Outlook and Phone contacts can be synched to the SmartGSM database, but can't figure out how to export the SmartGSM database back to Pocket Outlook. Makes sense?

You're right - you can't export from its DB into that of Pocket Outlook. Fortunately, most other mobile phone managers do export contacts into Contacts; for example, mPhone.