View Full Version : Where are all the high quality outliners?!?!

Tye
02-21-2005, 10:36 PM
I've been looking for a high end outliner for my PPC. I want streamlined hierarchial note taking with excellent export functions, word wrap, a smart interface, links to other entries, autocolors, drag/drop, etc...
Everyone I've tried seems to be missing some feature that I would think is essential.

Yes, I know there's a ton of them out there and I'm being picky but the Palm guys (I never thought I'd say this) seem to have at least a couple of really nice outliners. Nothing of this level for PPCs?

One of the best I've found so far is the beta of Pocket Mindmap. The only problem is they've specifically said they are most interested in the mindmap aspects (still a great program though).

OK, rant over. Someone please tell me I'm wrong and I just missed the perfect software. BTW, this is for a 4705 so WM2003SE compatibility is a must.

Brad Adrian
02-22-2005, 02:10 AM
I've been trying to find an outliner that suits my needs, too, and haven't found the perfect one yet. You might try some of the list-making tools, because they allow hierarchial lists. What they generally DON'T have, though, is automatic numbering, like with desktop Word.

I'm currently using SuperList, and think it's pretty good.

Tye
02-22-2005, 11:27 PM
Yeah, I've been playing with Superlist too.

The ten item limit on the trial makes it kind of hard to get a real feel for the program. Oh well.

In VGA, the drag and drop seems flaky. The items don't show up at the same spot as the stylus on the screen.
Also, I emailed the developer and apparently there's no hope of a word wrap feature because of the tree control they use. Regardless, other than that, it does seem to be one of the best of the bunch. I wish them well with their new release.