View Full Version : Help required with restroing data on an IPAQ3950 - PLEASE !!

sidicks
02-21-2005, 08:57 PM
New member here, so hopefully someone can help me !

I've been a bit busy recently and forgot to charge up my IPAQ3950, meaning that it has now reset itself and therefore I have lost all my data.

Fortunately I synchronised with my PC at the end of January and therefore as long as I can re-synch, I won;t have lost too much.

At the moment, I am having severe problems connecting the machine to the PC - it appears to connect successfully and then immediately disconnects.

Has anyone had this problem before or can suggest some things to try so that my data is retained ?

:?: :werenotworthy:
Many thanks in anticipation,

Sidicks

baker
02-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Assuming your data is on the desktop and waiting to be sync'd....
You could try deleting the existing partnership on the desktop AS. It will ask you if you want to keep your My Docs folder. Then you'd setup a new partnership.

sidicks
02-21-2005, 11:01 PM
baker

Thanks for your post - Yes, I think this would work, but I can't get that far - I am still unable to connect the pocketPC to the computer - it connects, and then instantly disconnects.......

Sidicks

nitestrike
02-22-2005, 03:40 AM
You will need to delete the ActiveSync Profile whent he device is not connected.

yankeejeep
02-22-2005, 03:11 PM
You will be able to carry out a restore if you connect as a guest. So instead of creating a new partnership, if you can get an AS connection made tell it you are connecting as Guest rather than requesting a new partnership. You may need to change your device name in order to do this. You will need to browse to your profile location in order to locate the backup file you want to restore when connecting as an AS guest, but the restore will carry out and you should be able to reconnect after the required soft reset.

sidicks
02-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Thanks for all your help - I have now managed to restore most of my data from the last time it was backed up at the end of January, which was the most important issue for me.

I still have a problem with the machine connecting to my PC and then immediately disconnecting - I am unsure whether this might be due to a dodgy connection on the iPAQ or the cradle (it happens when connecting via UBS and cable) or whether there is some issue with my virus software innterfering with the connection (although I've not previously had any problems).

Does anyone have any views as to what might be causing this

Thanks aagin,

sidicks