View Full Version : Could be a Numpty Question...

Gareth Lock
02-20-2005, 05:35 PM
I have a 2210 and get about 3 hours use out of it. I am shortly going on a week long holiday and want to use my 2210 fairly constantly so was thinking of getting another battery from http://www.pdamods.com/products.asp?cat=27&PARTNER=KELKOO.

The possible numpty question is...is the only way to charge it by installing it in the back of the 2210 and putting that in a cradle/connecting it to charger?

If there is another way, what is it :)

Regards

Gareth
www.imagesoflife.co.uk

Ratel10mm
02-20-2005, 09:13 PM
If that's the London Based one, I'd advise caution. My Mother bought an Aluminium case for my 5555 from them. The picture & writeup was taken from Proporta's site (A direct cut & paste job) and the price was correct, so I presumed they were a U.K. outlet. The case was diabolically poor. It didn't fit properly, the catch was very weak & the PDA would just slip out from moving around in my pocket as I walked along. Oh and the lining was a sort of thin velvety stuff, NOT neoprene! :roll:
It now gathers dust in a cupboard. There's no way this was a Proporta case, or even a reasonable copy of one. :evil:
In fairness, I haven't tried sending it back as I don't have a receipt or anything, and maybe they're not actually bad guys. :devilboy:

PDANEWBIE
02-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Your original PPC cradle should have a slot to charge a battery externally. I don't know of any other chargers that charge these batteries outside the unit itself which means you will have to plug it in top off the battery then swap and let the other one charge.

Another thought to think about is the Mugen extended life battery (2200mAH instead of the 900mAH). I'll tell you extended total use is definitly 2 times longer.

Only one downside to this is that it stick out a little bit making some cases unuseable.

Gareth Lock
02-20-2005, 11:06 PM
Don't remember my 2210 cradle having a slot in the back but I will check when I get back to my home tomorrow. I don't really want to use an extended battery as I use an aluminium case for my 2210.

Thanks

Gareth
www.imagesoflife.co.uk

PDANEWBIE
02-21-2005, 04:30 AM
It should have an indention and a few metal contacts in it (behind the regular dock plug that you sit the PPC on). I don't know how well it charges the unit with no PPC plugged in as I have not used the original cradle since I bought the unit.

Gareth Lock
02-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Thanks, I was being a numpty, just got back and have seen the slots at the back. Thanks for your help.

Gareth
www.imagesoflife.co.uk