View Full Version : Flash e830 into english version

ballball
02-17-2005, 01:32 PM
My Toshiba E830 is in French version, can i flash it into English version, can i use the rom of E800 to flash it?
How?

yankeejeep
02-17-2005, 05:08 PM
While it is possible to flash your ROM to another language, success is not guaranteed. Your best bet will be to locate the English ROM image for the e830. If you use the e800 image, you will need to choose either the wifi or BT version (in Europe; no BT version was released in the US). So, if you can do this, which wireless aervice do you wish to sacrifice?

Toshiba included a flash tool and instructions in their US ROM zip file that updated from WM2003 to WM2003SE (again, wifi only). The European site may have these as individual dowloads; I seem to recall that being the case, but I wouldn't swear to it.

One thing to keep in mind. The hardware drivers in the e800 ROM may not support all the hardware on the e830. Since ROM images are created by each manufacturer to support particular devices, you run this risk whenever you try to use a ROM update in a different model.

ballball
02-17-2005, 11:44 PM
Where can I get the e830 english rom?

yankeejeep
02-18-2005, 01:26 AM
You can check the Toshiba English-language web sites (not in the US because the 830 has not been released here) and then go to the support sections. Since there has been no general ROM update done yet, you may not have any luck finding it available.

Check Toshiba's web sites for Europe, Canada, and New Zealand. You may be able to find it on one of those, but don't get your hopes up too much. I have an e805 and have never gone hunting for 830 images.

fr3style
03-21-2005, 02:02 PM
If you read my thread on the forum, you will see that I almost have a flashable file for the e830 in english..

If you want the file try helping me. Read the thread.

Regards

Dave