View Full Version : "where i've been" map application for PPC?

zilla31
02-16-2005, 03:32 PM
anyone ever seen those huge wall maps people sometimes use to stick-pin where they've been on travel? i was wondering (on a longshot) if there was anything like that for the PPC or the PC?

Paragon
02-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Try Microsoft Streets and Trips

ctmagnus
02-16-2005, 10:13 PM
On a grand scale, I recommend Pocket Earth (http://www.bluepointstudio.com/www/products/pocketearth.html). It can be used in conjunction with a GPS.

zilla31
02-16-2005, 10:49 PM
yeah i've heard a lot about that... can you mark places you've been? i got this idea from my grandpeeps - they have a wall map that has tacks everywhere they've been... pretty cool to keep track of all the places you've visited and think about the visits when you look them over... will pocket earch let me keep track like this? all over the world?

ctmagnus
02-17-2005, 12:06 AM
Not "per se" but it has a feature that lets you show cities on the globe. You can also enter your own cities into it's database if the city you want isn't listed. The trouble with this setup is, you're displaying the entire earth on a 4" (at best) screen.

Darius Wey
02-17-2005, 01:47 AM
The trouble with this setup is, you're displaying the entire earth on a 4" (at best) screen.

It's not bad. I find it's a lot easier to manage in 2D mode though.