View Full Version : I totally hate the new Avantgo... I want the old one back!!

karinatwork
02-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Sorry for this rant... but I just can't say enough how much I hate this new version of Avantgo. I have been reading the news on this application for years, and I was a loyal user, but this new version is so bad and slow and especially UGLY that I had to uninstall it.

Good bye, Avantgo. :(

K.

phritosan
02-15-2005, 10:15 PM
i think that's the general feeling. just this morning i was looking for the install for the old version, but it seems to be one of the few that i actually deleted, isnt that great?

is there another program similar to avantgo? i dont want to use rss since i already have it set up on my desktop and rarely have a wireless connection on my pda. i want to have something to read at work tho.

if i cant find something one-to-one to replace avantgo, ill have to start using ebooks

karinatwork
02-15-2005, 10:49 PM
I'm playing around with Iliumsoft's NewsBreak right now, and I really, REALLY like it. I am going to cry a little about the loss of Metacritic and Filmcan, but oh well... for a replacement I get endless supplies of channels from all over the world, even Italian ones that I didn't get on Avantgo.
Personally, after 1/2 hour, I already prefer NewsBreak.

Good luck!

K.

Darius Wey
02-16-2005, 12:49 AM
Sorry for this rant... but I just can't say enough how much I hate this new version of Avantgo.

Don't worry - we've had our fair share of rants here. (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37344) You're not alone. :D

ppcinfo
02-16-2005, 01:58 AM
I agree, the new interface sucks. I removed it and downloaded the old interface from the avantgo.com web site and installed it. Everything is better now!

ppcinfo

jbachandouris
02-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Yes, me too. I have already uninstalled and re-installed the previous version. In fact, that's what I did New Year's Eve. I 'rebuilt' my PPC that night to clean things up.

BTW if you do a hard reset, won't your old version return OR less drastically, don't you have an old version on CD? No one said you had to use the new version when the old one works fine.

Gareth Lock
02-17-2005, 10:10 PM
I use MobiPocket and the news profiles that come with it - currently have 12 feeds. Doesn't give me all the news links I want (ie custom ones) because I haven't bought the Mobipocket Enews Creator but it is the dogs kahunas. Great layout and does images relatively well. And the reader is free.

Gareth
www.imagesoflife.co.uk