View Full Version : SDSTime equivalent

cscullion
02-15-2005, 08:34 PM
I'm making the switch to PPC from Palm. I have PPC equivalents for most of the program I used on the Palm. One exception is time recording/reporting.

On the Palm, I used SDSTime (http://www.sdsdata.com/sdstime.html). It's simple, elegant, and meets my needs. Here's what I liked and used:

- week and month view with days of week across the top and multiple lines down for time entries for different projects

- projects can be categorized and the display views (day, week and month) can be filtered by category

- quick time-entry shortcuts to enter whole hour increments (two taps total to enter a time... tap on day/project cell in grid, get popup, tap a configurable time button to enter, for instance, 8.5 hours)

I have resorted to using HanDBase to get the job done, but it isn't as good. I have loaded and tried six different time recording/reporting tools for PPC, and none of them are this easy. The closest I have found is "Time4You". Don't like BOnTime... too complex/cumbersome. Most others show only date/time pairs in a list... no Day of week, no organization by week and month, no subtotal capability

Any other suggestions?