View Full Version : Help! 5450 + Dual PC Card sleeve. Sleeve not being detected anymore!

2002CBR600F4i
02-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Ok, I'll admit it... I've dropped my "brick" a few times. The last such time, one of the 2 slot covers on the dual PC Card sleeve popped off and broke. I was able to still use the sleeve though.

Well, I haven't used my Ipaq much since then, but yesterday I' picked up the CF/PCCard adaptor for my Pharos GPS module and was hoping to use it on my IPAQ through the sleeve on my motorcycle this coming weekend for a trip I'm taking.

I loaded up Pocket Streets, loaded in a map, then noticed that the GPS isn't getting any power. I checked the IPAq settings to find that it's not even detecting that there is an expansion pack. It IS getting power through the pack (plugged it in through the sleeve) just doesn't seem to be getting detected by the IPAQ.

Any ideas??? HELP!

--Mike

ipaqczar
02-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Have you done the usual things like:

Remove expansion pack.
Soft reset your ipaq. leave it powered on.
Replace expansion pack.

I know some expansion packs came with CDs - I don't know if that software was only for 2002 though. I assume you are using WM2003?

2002CBR600F4i
02-14-2005, 07:56 PM
Let's see.... I'm running:

Pocket PC Ver 3.0.11171 (build 11178)
Rom Revision: 1.11.19 ENG

I tried the Soft reset and then putting the sleeve in, but it doesn't get detected. Doesn't even play the little "shovel" sound when you put the ipaq in the sleeve.

I'm stumped! We have another dual PC card sleeve at the office that I know works that I might try. That will at least tell me if it's the sleeve or the IPAQ. Unfortunately, if it's my sleeve, I'm screwed.

Any other ideas? Wasn't there some file that had to be in your root ipaq directory that would be run on bootup and detect the sleeves? Dh.exe or something like that?

It's been like 2 years since I've been really into this scene, so I don't remember squat about this stuff.

--Mike