View Full Version : Custom Outlook Today pages (for desktop)

bigkingfun
02-12-2005, 06:49 AM
Can anyone point me to some downloadable Outlook Today pages for Outlook on the desktop? I've become spoiled with all the Today plug-ins on my Pocket PC and would like to make my desktop Outlook Today page a little more useful.

I've Googled around for something, but all I seem to find is information on creating custom pages. I just don't have time to do it myself right now so I'm looking for some pre-made pages.

OSUKid7
02-12-2005, 02:19 PM
Years ago, I wanted these as well. I looked for them briefly, but really didn't see any way to customize them, past the few included styles. Now, I really don't use the today screen much, since the navigation in Outlook has improved in the 2003 version. I'm usually in my inbox, and if I need to check my calendar or tasks, I just switch to that tab. I'd still be interested in new today themes/plug-ins if anyone finds them. :)

Darius Wey
02-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Are you after something where you can simply modify the layout, or something where you can modify the complete appearance (i.e. the text, graphics, etc.)?

dlangton
02-12-2005, 03:42 PM
A few years ago, when I was using Outlook 98 and Outlook Today was a new concept, I tried rolling my own. It really isn't too difficult. The *only* installable alternative I've ever seen was the MSBC Outlook Today download (for Outlook 2k) which has been pulled, because Microsoft stopped supporting it - it doesn't update any more.

bigkingfun
02-12-2005, 04:43 PM
Are you after something where you can simply modify the layout, or something where you can modify the complete appearance (i.e. the text, graphics, etc.)?

What I'm really looking for is something where I can filter my tasks by category and due date. The built-in screens only offer all tasks or today's tasks. I'm hoping to find something where I could filter by all items for the next 7 days in a particular category, for example.

It would also be nice to be able to see a shortened preview of my email messages rather than just the total number in each folder.

dlangton
02-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Try this page: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm . Should be a method to do anything you want. Unfortunately, it involves editing the registry.

Edit: Nope, I was wrong. It's only for a security workaround in Outlook 2k. This is the best source of infor anywhere for Outlook today: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/outlooktoday.htm