View Full Version : Mac and ppc

apmiller
02-11-2005, 01:24 AM
I am thinking about buying a Mac and have pretty much settled all of my concerns but one: how does ppc sync with Mac? I know that Outloook does not exist for Mac so I am curious if ppc is able to sync at all. Anyone who has a Mac and has any tips or thoughs I would love to hear them. I am pretty much sold on getting an iBook but have to clear this final hurdle. Thanks!

bearfilm
02-11-2005, 04:27 AM
Well, in a quick answer, some waould say the pocketPC works better with the mac then windows :)
I used the missing sync, then switched to pocketmac as it seems that they are more interested in the pocket pc platform and have an .exe installer (which doesn't really work in my opinion, but Missing sync doesn't even offer a similar feature.)
Syncing works like a charm with either of those programs and the built in isync program. If you are going to buy VPC than you will need to install Activesync in VPC. If you do not need to have that, then freecabs.de has most of the .cab installers you need with free programs to boot.
Let me know if this is too incoherent or if you have more specific questions i can try to answer.
Good Luck!

CrashX
02-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Someone else recently inquired about syncing with Entourage, the Mac equivelant of Outlook. Check out this thread:http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37333

gmusser
02-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Has anyone gotten Missing Sync to handle calendar and to-do items? I keep getting an "absurd length" error when I try to do so.

Mark/Space tech support says it's an artifact of how Outlook on the PC formats data, and that the only way around it is -- ugh -- a hard reset.

George