View Full Version : AUUUGGHHH!! Activation Issues Stink!!!

MLO
02-10-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm having some serious issues with activation. I've searched this site, but haven't found anything that addresses my problem.

I have an iPAQ 4155 that I applied the ROM update to. I also had to hard-reset the Pocket PC once. I hadn't used Reader in a very long time, but recently I purchased a book for it.

Downloaded the new version of Reader, activated it (before I got the book, mind you), tried to open the book and I get this message:

This copy of the Microsoft Reader cannot open this title. You may not have the appropriate rights for viewing this content. If you are the rightful owner of this title, please try reactivating Reader.

Which I did. Didn't work. Tried uninstalling and re-installing. Didn't work. Tried deleting annotations, whatever. Didn' work.

HELP!!

ADBrown
02-10-2005, 11:45 PM
If you still have the file activated on the desktop, here's your solution.

***URL for ConvertLit Removed by mod SJC***

It'll crack open a LIT file and spit out the HTML inside.

dMores
02-11-2005, 02:33 PM
... which you then can copy and paste into word, and recompile into a .LIT file with the reader plugin.

Don't Panic!
02-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Did you activate the desktop version of reader also? I think your issue will be solved if you activate that as well then copy the purchased book from the My Library folder on your PC. It worked for mr back when Microsoft was giving away DRM Protected books. But except for those I stay away from DRM protected books altogether although I hear that Fictionwise Secure books work well.

HTH

MLO
02-11-2005, 04:11 PM
If you still have the file activated on the desktop, here's your solution.

***URL for ConvertLit Removed by mod SJC***

It'll crack open a LIT file and spit out the HTML inside.

Not to be snarky, but does the mod who removed the URL have any suggestions as to how to fix the problem mentioned in the original post? I'm a bit frustrated, not to mention seriously depressed, and I really need Reader to work so that I can keep my brain distracted enough so that it doesn't fall into a black pit of despair.

So, yeah. Any suggestions?

Don't Panic!
02-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Try my fix. :lol:

MLO
02-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Try my fix. :lol:

Boy do I feel stupid.

I tried your fix with the Reader on my desktop. After failing to open the book again, I activated with my OTHER passport account...and it worked.

I so need a break :(

Don't Panic!
02-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Trust me we've all been there. As a matter of fact I'm starting a weeklong vacation next week. My job 's ben stressing me out. I've Got plenty of reading material from www.baen.com/library though so it should be peaceful. 0X

Kati Compton
02-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Not to be snarky, but does the mod who removed the URL have any suggestions as to how to fix the problem mentioned in the original post?
Well, if you look, the mod that removed the link did NOT remove the *name* of the tool...

We cannot post direct links to any programs that circumvent copy protection. But given that you know the name of it, I'm sure you can find it if you search.