View Full Version : Comics software of PPC

vonduramos
02-10-2005, 03:15 PM
Anyone knows a comics software for PPC in order to read comics in .jpg or similar?

There are new .cbr and .cbz files (actually .rar and .zip renamed files) designed for comics, easily read by CDisplay on the desktop PC, but I would like to know if there are some software capable to read .cbr and .cbz files.

I remember a decent software for palm that was displaying the comics with a couple of effects, fades, and the dialogs were appearing on the screen when you were clicking. I have not seen anything like that on the PPC platform.

Any help?

Rod 0X

Fruit
03-21-2005, 06:53 PM
There's a software called ComicGuru that allows you to view those comic files on your ppc or palm pda. I've attempted to use it once on my previous palm but it crashed on me (after viewing 2 pgs) due to a problem with my memory stick I think. From what I can see b4 my little crash, it seems pretty good. Anyway the program is ran like this:
1) Unzip the comic zip file
2) Convert the image file to a ComicGuru format using the included convertor. You can do a batch conversion or a single conversion
3) Upload the new file to your ppc.
4) Start up ComicGuru on your ppc and view it.

You can google the word comicguru to find the site

buzzard
03-21-2005, 10:32 PM
Try this PPCT thread from a short time ago
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37831&highlight=comics