View Full Version : Imageer and Splashphoto cr@pped out on me... nead a good viewer!

karinatwork
02-10-2005, 06:52 AM
:? I don't know what I am doing wrong, but both of these program do not work properly for me. Splashphoto seemed to work just fine, until I tried to load too many photos at once, and since then I get a weird error and it doesn't recognize my storage card anymore.

I don't like Imageer all that much, its way too complicated.. I liked the idea of the albums, but it doesn't work... how can you put them on your storage card?? Plus if I try to create an album and try to give it another name other than the date, it will not create the album and give me an error message... ack.

Anyway, I need a RELIABLE application to move pictures from my desktop to my pocket pc, that reduces the file sizes automatically and lets me put it into folders, albums, whatever. I do not need editing.

Any ideas??

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Karin

Menneisyys
02-10-2005, 10:04 AM
You may want to read http://menneisyys.freeweb.hu/PICVIEWERS .

Comments are welcome :)

Menneisyys
02-10-2005, 10:08 AM
Anyway, I need a RELIABLE application to move pictures from my desktop to my pocket pc, that reduces the file sizes automatically and lets me put it into folders, albums, whatever. I do not need editing.

Desktop-based, automatic, ActiveSync-based conversion exists, in addition to Spb Imageer and SplashPhoto, in Resco. Resco is a very good image viewer, it's almost the same class as Spb Imageer; it's just that it has much more restricted image editing capabilities. It, however, doesn't contain memory leak bugs, so, it can reliably play all kinds of slideshows.

It not only plays voice notes attached to pictures (as with almost all the other viewers that have dedicated slideshow mode), but also any bakground music, even more of them. (No need to fire up PWMP in the background.). Waits for sounds to finish (unlike Spb Imageer!) if you also have sound notes attached to images.

Ripper014
02-10-2005, 06:03 PM
I agree... Resco makes a nice image viewer...

karinatwork
02-10-2005, 06:35 PM
I did download the Resco application and played with it. It is truly very nice. It does all I want it to do - and more.
I would have loved to use Imageer and/or Splash Photo, first of all because I liked the ideas, and secondly because I got both of those programs for free, but I think I will have to shell out the dollars and get the Resco... Oh well.

Thanks for your help! :)

Karin

Don't Panic!
02-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Get it as part of a bundle if you can Karin. It's a lot cheaper that way. http://www.resco-net.com/pocketpc.asp although Photo Viewer by itself is only $20 until the 18th of this month.

karinatwork
02-10-2005, 09:25 PM
I think I'll do just that. The Multimedia Bundle looks great. I mean... it's my fifth year with pocket pc's and I never owned a copy of Resco Explorer??? 8O

:)

Menneisyys
02-10-2005, 09:39 PM
Get it as part of a bundle if you can Karin.

Yeah, the Utility Package with Resco Explorer and Stickies, for 35 bucks, is a good buy.

I wouldn't purchase the Media Suite, however - Resco Audio Recorder is by far the worst sound recorder program when it comes to quality (44 kHz sampling frequency) recording.

Menneisyys
02-10-2005, 09:41 PM
I think I'll do just that. The Multimedia Bundle looks great.

Before paying for Resco Audio Recorder, I recommend http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36508 :)