View Full Version : Has anyone heard if HP plans to bring back the 4155 form factor?

dmkozak
02-10-2005, 06:32 AM
I know they recently discontinued the 4155. Wondering if anyone's heard if they plan on bringing it back with current updates. I love the form factor, and with a current OS and screen, it would be really desireable to me. I don't a CF slot as long as I have an SD slot. WiFi and Bluetooth means it will work with everything. And, you can't beat the size.

ADBrown
02-10-2005, 08:37 AM
I know they recently discontinued the 4155. Wondering if anyone's heard if they plan on bringing it back with current updates. I love the form factor, and with a current OS and screen, it would be really desireable to me. I don't a CF slot as long as I have an SD slot. WiFi and Bluetooth means it will work with everything. And, you can't beat the size.

Don't count on it. The 4150 was an HTC design, and HP's currently insisting on doing all design work in-house.

dylanbj
02-10-2005, 09:06 AM
That's a shame, I love the form factor of my iPAQ 1940!

dmkozak
02-10-2005, 04:10 PM

Don't count on it. The 4150 was an HTC design, and HP's currently insisting on doing all design work in-house.

Well, does that mean they have no plans to produce a PocketPC about the size of the "old" 1910/40 or 4155? I'm not saying it has to be exactly the same as the "old" 4155, just something smaller than a 2000 series or Dell.

shawnc
02-10-2005, 06:32 PM

My guess is the 4150 design is probably the most popular in PPC history. However, one look at HP's recent decisions (Carly notwithstanding) should make it obvious that providing the customer with what they want is not a particular concern of theirs :roll: .

ADBrown
02-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Well, does that mean they have no plans to produce a PocketPC about the size of the "old" 1910/40 or 4155? I'm not saying it has to be exactly the same as the "old" 4155, just something smaller than a 2000 series or Dell.

Well, the iPaq 1715 is about the same size, but I doubt you would want that. Not to put too fine a point on it, it simultaneously sucks and blows. Other than that, HP's next round of upcoming models are all Blackberry type mobile communicators. There's nothing remotely 4150esqe on the horizon.

Darius Wey
02-11-2005, 02:13 AM
My guess is the 4150 design is probably the most popular in PPC history. However, one look at HP's recent decisions (Carly notwithstanding) should make it obvious that providing the customer with what they want is not a particular concern of theirs :roll: .

Well, if you're after a "current" device resembling the h4150, perhaps the Axim X50 comes close? It's more bloated, but it's still got the rounded bottom. :mrgreen:

shawnc
02-11-2005, 01:21 PM
Well, if you're after a "current" device resembling the h4150, perhaps the Axim X50 comes close? It's more bloated, but it's still got the rounded bottom. :mrgreen:

:rofl:

Seriously, I'm certainly not one who uses their PPC as much most of this community. But I continue to be in awe of the form-factor of this sweet device. The fact that HP (or HTC or whoever??) was able to pack BT, Wifi, exceptional battery life, and a great screen in such a small size is truly a technological marvel. The fact that HP now seems to be running away from this type of device is simply mind-boggling. Must not have been a very popular unit :? .