View Full Version : Is there any HP official updates from (link) that I should do for my 4150?

phritosan
02-09-2005, 11:34 PM
I was looking around HP's site and found this list of updates for the 4150, and I don't know much about it. Are there any of these that I should update for the sole reason that updates are available?

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/HandheldiPAQ/us/locate/105_5918.html

thanks!

Darius Wey
02-10-2005, 07:09 AM
The ROM Update is probably the most valuable one to consider. It adds a few extra features and fixes some bugs in the previous ROM version. However, you must be made aware of the risks of performing a ROM upgrade. They don't always go smoothly, but as long as you follow the instructions properly, it should be fine. Performing a ROM upgrade will wipe all the contents of your device, so be sure to backup any essential data.

Aside from that, the wireless LAN, inbox, and TSC updates listed at the bottom may be worth considering.

phritosan
02-10-2005, 07:59 AM
is updating the rom like flashing the bios on a motherboard? if something goes wrong youre SOL?

when i do that, i guess it would be a good time to install everything to sd cards like ive been thinking about doing since theyll all be deleted anyway

Darius Wey
02-10-2005, 08:30 AM
is updating the rom like flashing the bios on a motherboard? if something goes wrong youre SOL?

Bingo! :way to go:

when i do that, i guess it would be a good time to install everything to sd cards like ive been thinking about doing since theyll all be deleted anyway

You should bear in mind that cross-ROM backup/restore processes do not work well. So you should be prepared to reinstall all programs from scratch.