View Full Version : Need help sync Ipaq with Lotus Notes

davidliam
02-09-2005, 10:36 PM
I am having diffiuclty synching to lotus notes and have installed Mnotes from Common Time. I have 2 problems. First, I cannot get any of my subfolders to populate on my Ipaq. Synching has picked up the subfolders, but leaves them empty on the Ipaq. Second, when I send an email from my Ipaq and then sync, the email does not show up in either the sent folder on the Ipaq or in lotus notes. It does show up in the lotus notes all document file, though. Is this an Mnotes issue? Do I need additional software? Help.

Menneisyys
02-10-2005, 10:40 AM
I am having diffiuclty synching to lotus notes and have installed Mnotes from Common Time. I have 2 problems. First, I cannot get any of my subfolders to populate on my Ipaq. Synching has picked up the subfolders, but leaves them empty on the Ipaq. Second, when I send an email from my Ipaq and then sync, the email does not show up in either the sent folder on the Ipaq or in lotus notes. It does show up in the lotus notes all document file, though. Is this an Mnotes issue? Do I need additional software? Help.

You may also want to give a try to IntelliSync ( http://www.intellisync.com/go/products/client-synchronization/intellisync-handheld-edition/index.cfm ). Dunno whether it really helps, though.

caseguru
02-10-2005, 04:06 PM
I had a lot of trouble with mNotes too with text in numeric fields in (Outlook) Contacts. If I entered information on my PC in Notes, it went fine. So I had to clean up, or delete, the files on my iPAQ to get things syncing smoothly. So, you might try setting up folders in Notes on your PC and see if they replicate onto your device. Then organize anew in Notes.

Now that things are syncronized, I can add things on my device or at home on Outlook and there are no more problems. I think I had a lot of corrupted data on my device from years of moving it around from system to system and mNotes couldn't deal with it. Good luck.

Bill (Caseguru)