View Full Version : Need Help Deciding on What Handheld to Get...

spidiemonkey
02-09-2005, 12:21 AM
My price range is around $300 or less. I want one with good entertainment, wireless and a camera would be a huge plus...I currently have a Compaq 3600 Series(with expansion pack and 128mb compactflash card). I have used both Palms and Pocket PCs. I like them both. They both have there strengths and weaknesses so it doesn't matter if it is a Palm. I had in mind maybe the Dell Axim X50(416mhz), HP Rx Series, or the Zire 72. What do you think?

Ripper014
02-09-2005, 06:52 AM
Wait... save up a little more money and get something that you will really like. You can get a lot more PPC for a few bobbles more. Just wait... for a few more months and save up the pennies..

David Prahl
02-10-2005, 01:40 AM
I think you've narrowed it down nicely - the X50 and Zire 72 are both very nice devices. The big issue, I think, is which operating system you prefer. Once you've made that choice we can offer opinion on which devices appear 'better'.

I'm a big Dell PPC fan, so I'd suggest you leave Palm behind and get an X30 or X50v (depending on if you don't mind the extra size of the X50/X50v).

You've probably already done this, but searching Google for reviews of a few devices would be a good move.

Good luck! :D