View Full Version : 6 icon shortcut bar on top of start menu no longer works, help?

phritosan
02-07-2005, 10:35 PM
[*edit* - fixed this issue, please read next post in this thread for problem with fix]

the little pics of the 6 most recently used programs at the top of the startmenu no longer works on my 4155. it still updates, but i can no longer use the icons as shortcuts to launch those programs. if i click on one, the last one (farthest to the right) will get a solid blue square highlight around it. if i repeatedly click on another one, the blue square will change to that one until i stop clicking then go back to the last one.

ive installed half a dozen programs over the weekend, but it was still working fine last i checked, but i cant recall how long ago that was. i think i messed it up when i was manually editing the program list of what is on the start menu.

in start/settings/menu/start i could not remove ewallet or listpro. there were two instances of both. the top was checked, the bottom one was not. i used total commander to physically move the .lnk from that folder to a different one. i then checked the second instance of both, adding them back to the start menu, and was able to launch both. i removed them again, and that was when i noticed that the shortcut bar was messed up.

this isnt catastrophic as i just did a spritebackup on saturday, and had the pda sync'd just 20 minutes before messing with it. i was just wondering if there was a way to keep from losing all the programs i installed and the options i configured.

if i restore the backup and then sync, what will i have lost?

thanks for your time

yankeejeep
02-07-2005, 10:47 PM
A restore takes your device back to the moment it was made as far as the apps and documents stored in RAM are concerned. Anything in your file store will not be changed, so your PIM data will not necessarily set back. After a restore, check your desktop Outlook's deleted items folder following the first sync to see if any items need to be moved back to their folders. Most items there will be synced duplicates that should be removed but I have found that inbox items have a tendency to be deleted if they don't match and should be moved back to the inbox folder.

phritosan
02-07-2005, 11:29 PM
okay, i returned to the back up, and in the process of returning everything to the way that i had it, i realized that it was a today skin that was keeping it from working. i made sure i tested it right after i restored the back up, it worked, i changed the skin it didnt, changed it back, it did.

it was juni's osxvga. did it mess up because my 4155 is not a vga device? im going to assume its something i did rather than something juni did because im sure he knows more about this stuff than i do. what did i do?