View Full Version : Playing protected napster files on Pocket WMP

skidoomxz
02-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Hi everyone, I'm a bit new around here and was wondering how I can play protected napster files on my Pocket PC's Windows Media Player.(They're WMA's) Any info would be greatly appreciated.
-Thanks

bmcbride_81
02-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Hate to tell ya, but you're gonna have to have media player 10 in order to do it. ;)
--sorry

piperpilot
02-08-2005, 01:17 PM
Hate to tell ya, but you're gonna have to have media player 10 in order to do it. ;)
--sorry

Not true. I have WMP9 and play purchased Napster files all the time. The only ones that you will not be able to play are the rented Napster to go files. In order to play purchased Napster files, make sure your PDA is cradled, then use the Copy to CD or Device function in WMP to transfer the files to your PDA. You cannot transfer the music directly to a storage card via a card reader as it will not properly transfer the DRM license. You must have your storage card in your PDA and use the Copy to CD or Device function of WMP.

skidoomxz
02-08-2005, 05:35 PM
Thanks a lot! How do I check to see if I have wmp9 on my ppc. It's rather old (2-3) yrs.

piperpilot
02-08-2005, 05:42 PM
What operating system are you running? If PPC 2002, you have WMP 8 and can upgrade to WMP 9 on the Microsoft web site.