View Full Version : Wifi - individual hotspot setting problem

isomaniac
02-02-2005, 04:05 AM
Wifi - individual hotspot setting problem

I am using a wireless router at home with WPA-PSK and Mac Address Filter. I can use Wifi with my iPAQ 4150 no problem connecting this wireless router.

Sometimes I tried connect to hotspots in shopping malls with Wifi. But everytime AFTER I have attempted to connect to public hotspots/freesports and then went back to my home, I could NOT connect the iPAQ 4150 to my wireless router. That is, unless I do a few times soft reset or RE-enter my WPA key manually. After that, I can connect to the wireless router no problem.

Is that normal?

Is that something I can do to SAVE the configuration/key for each hotspots I encountered with, and hopefully this can save some time for my RE-configure of the particular info in regard to each hotspot?

Thanks.

Menneisyys
02-02-2005, 01:37 PM
Is that something I can do to SAVE the configuration/key for each hotspots I encountered with, and hopefully this can save some time for my RE-configure of the particular info in regard to each hotspot?

In WZC (Settings/ Connections/ Network cards/Wireless tab when the Wi-Fi unit is active), you can set/save all the parameters of the networks (in they have different SSID) separately.

If you want to use an easier-to-use, albeit commercial, tool, I recommend the Odyssey client.