View Full Version : Should I give up the ghost or should I try to work this out.

PDANEWBIE
01-31-2005, 07:58 PM
My PDA seems to be posessed. I have a Ipaq 2215 with a mind of its own. Originally when I first got it worked like a champ for quite awhile. Then I bought periphrials and things started to go downhill. About 6 months into the ordeal I had an incident where I dropped my PDA and the SD card shot out of the slot never to be found.

After that it seemed to work okay until I was about 11 months into my warranty and strange things have happened ever since. I have 1 dead pixel that migrates! yes its always only 1 dead pixel but sometimes its at the top of the screen sometimes in the center sometimes in the lower left of the screen. Every once in awhile it moves around It can be after 10 turn ons it can be after 15 turn ons.

Now I am having problems with my SD card. It locks up after just browsing on it. This is 3 different SD cards 1 of them even HP brand. I applied the patch they have on their site and it worked fine for about 3 weeks and now its locking up again.

Lastly my PDA is powering off on its own! I have it on with media player going and accessing the media on my CF card and all of a sudden the PPC just stops playing. I have to power on the backlight and then take it out of pause to enable it again for a little while.

Mind you I sent it in for one last service just before the warranty expired but they must have only decided to tweak it a little and not fix anything.

I am having so many issues I wonder if its worth it to get a new PPC or not.

Anyone with any thoughts, hints, or tips?

drop
01-31-2005, 08:31 PM
Short answer: YES!

When a device getting to be unreliable, it is time.

applejosh
01-31-2005, 09:08 PM
If it's becoming unreliable or unusable, then I say it's time to move on. Otherwise, what's the point of lugging it around?