View Full Version : RX3715 is now frozen after install to filestore

bjornkeizers
01-30-2005, 10:21 PM
Hi all,

I just tried installing the latest drivers for the Stowaway IR keyboard (no drivers were installed, Ipaq is brand new) to the built-in filestore. It went OK, the Ipaq reset, and now it's frozen.

So far I've soft reset the Ipaq four times, no success. The bar runs until it's full, then it does nothing. I've reset it without the card, but no joy.

I just read another thread by someone who's on his third 3715, also relating to filestore issues IIRC? Wish I'd seen that thread ten minutes ago :(

<EDIT> Woohoo! The Ipaq LIVES! After removing the battery for half an hour followed by a hard reset, the Ipaq lives. Phew.

Menneisyys
01-31-2005, 06:08 AM
The unified TO StowAway drivers load at boot time. Even when installed into main memory, after the installation, on some machines you have to reset the device 10-20 times in order to get them back to life again. Last time I've installed the TO drivers on my Pocket Loox 720 I had to continuously reset it for at least 15 minutes :O So, your problem is not necessarily related to using the iPAQ Store.

If your iPAQ initializes the File Store after booting up (just like the SD card), there may indeed be problems and then, your driver indeed MUST be put in main memory. However, I do think it was just the usual first bootup problem of the 4.1 unified driver.

bjornkeizers
01-31-2005, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the reply - I totally didn't think of that. I've never had problems with TO drivers before... So so far you've always managed to breathe life back into the Ipaq? In that case, I'm going to install the drivers - but this time, probably on the card :D

Menneisyys
01-31-2005, 10:03 AM
So so far you've always managed to breathe life back into the Ipaq?

Yeah, even if it took some 15 minutes and tons of resets once :))

bjornkeizers
01-31-2005, 05:57 PM
I just installed it, and the reset went OK!