View Full Version : Not again! MS Reader activation

terrypin
01-28-2005, 09:07 AM
(Posted in ebooks forum too, but it looks very quiet in there....)

Here we go again. This is the sort of problem that I suspect has now killed my use of MS Reader completely. Or maybe it's a Fictionwise issue?

I just visited Fictionwise (first time for months, prompted by a 15% promotional discount) and bought a book. I hesitated briefly over my choice of encrypted format (as I have many types available to me), before making the fatal choice of MS Reader.

This was done in the confident knowledge that I have the latest versions on PC and PPC, properly activated. I have only recently checked I can read previously-purchased protected LIT books. When I open one on my PC right now, I see 'Activated for Terry Pinnell'.

But (I'm sure you're ahead of me!), after completing the purchase and attempting the download, I get the dreaded message:

"You cannot yet download because the system could not find an Activated Microsoft Reader on your computer:" (etc)

Can one of the ebook/MS Reader/Fictionwise experts here kindly tell me what is the likely cause here please? I'll curb my impatience and not rush into cycles of re-installation and re-activation, as I suspect I could make matters worse.

TIA.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Jorgen
01-28-2005, 09:44 AM
You are crossposting! Look in the Ebooks threads where you asked the same question.

Jorgen

Steven Cedrone
01-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Continue the discussion here:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=323226#323226