View Full Version : software advice needed for i mate jam

okanrua
01-28-2005, 08:31 AM
which softwares would you recommend me for my jam. i mean for the pocket pc phone edition specs. especially the free ones. thanks in advance

Chris Spera
01-28-2005, 05:45 PM
I use Hudson Mobile Phone DashBoard to count plan Phone minutes. Its $14.99US, though...BUT very much worth the cost. I also use Weather Panel for weather forecast info; and Spb GPRS Monitor to count data minutes and cost. Its also $14.99US, but also worth the cost...

Hope this helps!

Mark Somerstein
01-29-2005, 06:13 PM
I am running spb pocket plus and pocket breeze. While neither are free, both are superb for what they do and seem to run fine on the jam.

Pigpen_the_Nerd
03-22-2005, 08:14 AM
I really dig the SPB pocket Plus....and I use the heck out of the weather and clock too...besides those and my games, Resco Explorer and Sprite Pocket Back Up plus is all I use...

bnycastro
03-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Here is what is installed on my device:

Device: i-mate JAM (BeanJAM)
Software: SBSH PocketBreeze 4.3 public beta 3, SBSH PocketWeather 1.00.14, Sprite Premium Backup 3.1.4, Illium eWallet 4.0.1, Resco Explorer 2003 5.13, H&H English-Chinese Dictionary, SPB PocketPlus 2.5, PocketZenPhone 5.2, mobem mConvert 2.6.1, Agile Mobile Messenger, DinarSoft HandyLauncher 3.2, maimach's Dialler Add-on, Weis Fast Cleanup
Games: Astraware Bejeweled, Insaniquarium, Text Twist and Zuma, Aidem Majong Academy
Testing: SPB GPRS Monitor

The maimach Dialler add on is very useful. It allows you to browse contacts from the Phone app and it's free. got it off xda-developers.
Agile Mobile Messenger is a freeware app for instant messaging works well over WiFi, Activesync and GPRS. I use it for yahoo messenger.

The other apps are not free but are worth it. SPB PPlus, SBSH PB and PW, Resco Exp, and Sprite Backup are essentials for me.

Pigpen_the_Nerd
03-24-2005, 04:54 AM
I forgot my most favorite new addition...Microsoft Voice Command....sweet...I click my headphone button, say 'Play Black Eyed Peas' , my ppc repeats "Black Eyed Peas" and the jams commence. :) Very nice. :mrgreen:

UCCOFFEE
03-31-2005, 03:17 AM
I think he's asking for freeware...
Freeware list:
Buzzlightyear Bluetooth swithIT (find it in www.xda-developers.com )
KS's Call usage (find it in www.xda-developers.com )
MAcromedia flash player
Tascalsoft closeall
PHM powertoy
PHM KEYS
nakayishin tdlaunch
greensoftware GS battery monitor
RSS sync
xnview
Taches Aujourd'hui (http://www.zanchetta.net/pocketpc/ )
ubook (old freeware version)
camera timer (www.coderz.co.uk)
Game:
Lines GOLD (www.not-big-deal.com)

okanrua
03-31-2005, 06:44 AM
thanks alot guys but i was talking about the softwares that can improve the phone specs... i mean that can make it easier...

MitchellO
04-01-2005, 01:27 AM
The main one that make my device (the Mini is the same as the JAM, just a different ROM) is vBar (http://www.vieka.com/vbar.htm). It lets you close progs so they aren't constantly running in the background slowing the device down. I also use MultiIE and Uptime (battery monitor - http://ae.inc.ru/uptime_t.html ).

Have fun with your JAM!

nowbss
04-13-2005, 12:10 AM
can any body tell me if and how i can make the sms not appear in the main screen when receive.jsut want to see view the sms when i want to view it. and also is there any software that i can lock the sms inbox in my xda o2 mini? can any body hlep me pls?
thanx

MitchellO
04-13-2005, 12:47 AM
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, its a bit confusing. Do you not want to have the bubble pop down for the taskbar when you get an SMS? Or just don't want the message displayed there?

I haven't heard of a software to lock the SMS, or any inbox folder.

And please don't do that with the font size. Its annoying, and doesn't get any more attention.

bnycastro
04-13-2005, 02:34 AM
To remove the sms bubble from showing on your today screen goto: >Settings>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications Tab>Messaging: New text message and un-check the Display message on screen box. As for locking the inbox I also haven't seen anything like that either. An option would be to lock your phone via the built in password app (but the downside is the whole pda is locked until your password is provided).