View Full Version : GMail on the handheld

Ck87.JF
01-27-2005, 11:47 PM
Everyone with GMail knows that with PocketIE, one cannot go to gmail.google.com/gmail, and sign in. Due to the limitations of the PocketPC, and the method of the "design" of GMail, they are incompatible. Until now; I get a newsletter from PocketPC Magazine, and in the latest email, they told of an HTML-based GMail!
gmail.wiggster.com
Go there, and log in, and you're in GMail! Beware... it's not like the GMail layout at all, and it's kind of weird, but hey; you can read and reply to your mail, so that's cool, right!
I don't think I will be using it to reply, as I did today, and it was weird; plus, I don't even think it sent it, but whatever. I could just write in PocketWord, and then paste it into real IE later on.
But I think it's neat that it is possible now to do that. Like many other people I tried POP, but it didn't seem to work on mine. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but now, there is no need to mess with any settings, or download anything; just go to gmail.wiggster.com, and ya got access! Plus, you can go to http://wiggster.com/?pocket=true and get different stuff - RSS, Comics, Google search, and of course GMail.

Well, I thought I'd let you all know that, so you could check GMail online!
Have a good day, and have fun. :D

Wiggster
01-27-2005, 11:59 PM
Thanks. That's my site, by the way.

I should make it so you can access your own RSS... that is sorta just my personal site, I never meant it to be public, it just ended up that way. Any requests?

mboliver
01-28-2005, 02:49 PM
No requests...just want to say what a cool site you have. :D

OK maybe 1 request...how about a news RSS. CNN or something. I dunno. I really like it as is....simple. The comics are awesome. C&H are too funny. :lol:

marcm
01-29-2005, 03:37 AM
Nice site! :D I'd use it all the time, but my Pocket PC inbox can recieve mail from Gmail. I'm not sure if other people's can all the time though... Keep up the good work!

ctmagnus
01-29-2005, 04:00 AM
my Pocket PC inbox can recieve mail from Gmail. I'm not sure if other people's can all the time though...

I get the occasional email from www.woodyswatch.com and Inbox has trouble downloading any email if one of those is sitting on the server. However, WebIS Mail has no problems with this situation.